£ 6.99 You save 13% / £ 1.00
Astron black & the thirty tyrants Nightfall, CDMore from Nightfall
Septic Flesh seem to have caused a wave with their "rebirth" - now, another Greek legend reports back on the scene to form a conga line with them and Rotting Christ... This is the missing link between "Athenian echoes" and "Lesbian show".
Article Number 174821
Tracklist - Astron black & the thirty tyrants
- 1.Intro [from "ASTRON BLACK AND THE THIRTY TYRANTS"]
- 2.Astron black
- 3.Astronomica / Saturnian moon
- 4.Astra planeta / We chose the sun
- 5.Ambassador of mass
- 6.The criterion
- 8.1- 1
- 9.Archon basileus
- 10.Proxima centauri / Dead bodies
- 11.The thirty tyrants
- 12.Epsilon lyrae
EMP Editorial Team (30.06.2010)
Nightfall could be compared a bit to Orphaned Land - the latter are poster childs of modern, more extreme music in their home country Israel - and so are Nightfall in Greece, both of them having a Doom/Death pedigree. Nightfall released two courageous works with folkloristic accents in the Death/Black universe: the "Eons aura" MCD and "Athenian echoes" which was totally underestimated. Then, like their compatriots Rotting Christ, they took the road to mainstream Dark Metal. Their two last experimental albums were released almost unnoticed by the public. And now, they’re back, supported by Jörg Uken (God Dethroned, among others) behind the kit - and at the switches and knobs, too. In spite of the totally new line-up Efthimiadis has gathered, the old flame is still burning: anthem-like, majestic, aggressive and versatile re guitars and keyboard/piano, Nightfall find their place between "Athenian echoes" and catchy "Lesbian show", replenished by some clear vocal parts. Brilliant!
Write the first Review!
- Write a review using your own EMP account.
- Please be as objective and reasonable as possible. Please don't use abusive language.
- Never state URLs, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or similar (personal) data!
- You accept that the review will be released in your own name on the EMP website.
- The review you send should contain at least 75 words.
Reviews not meeting the guidelines above will not be published!