The seventh date of Blashyrkh Immortal, DVD & CD
On their first DVD resp. live CD, Immortal present us with their legendary 2007 reunion gig at the Wacken Open Air, featuring a set-list and performance which both leave nothing left to be desired. Awesome!
Article Number 174993
EMP Editorial Team (08.07.2010)
Immortal have never been what you'd call a funny band, what with Abbath & Co polarising from day 1, but they always did their thing, consequently, and more and more successful, too. After a time of separate ways, they reunited 2007 on The Metal event par excellence, the Wacken Open Air festival. As expected, the show was a huge triumph, the infernal trio being in mint condition. Now, this legendary performance is available either as DVD or CD - both no-frills productions, reduced the the core of the matter: the music. After the mystic intro, there's gem after gem to be heard or seen: "The sun no longer rises", the Black Metal anthem "Sons of northern darkness", "Tyrants", or "One by one"... Each of the musicians has an incredibly charisma - after a look from Abbath, shivers will run down your spine. The setlist is a best-of: "Unholy forces of evil", "At the heart of winter", "Battles in the north", of course also fantastic "Blashyrk (mighty ravendark)". Immortal blew away all and sundry - a historic moment, finally recorded and conserved.
Write the first Review!
- Write a review using your own EMP account.
- Please be as objective and reasonable as possible. Please don't use abusive language.
- Never state URLs, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or similar (personal) data!
- You accept that the review will be released in your own name on the EMP website.
- The review you send should contain at least 75 words.