Terms of Delivery EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Prices, Terms Of Shipping & Handling
All prices in our magazine and in the web shop are displayed in £ GBP and include VAT (value-added tax, at present 20%). In addition we charge the costs for shipping & handling which amount to £4.99.
Payment methods we accept:
Currently we accept payment by the following Credit/Debit Card:
Euro / Mastercard VISA
Please indicate your credit card number as well as the date of expiry of your credit card on the order form. Apart from your purchase the only further costs will be shipping & handling. We will charge your credit card account when your order is ready for shipping in our warehouse.
"PayPal" is the new, easy and safe way to pay at EMP. In addition, payments are received very quickly so that orders can be processed faster.
To able to use this payment service, you will first need to register with "PayPal". Registration is free of charge.
You'll find all the information you need about "PayPal", the new method of payment, here!
EMP Bonus Points Scheme
EMP Bonus Points Scheme –Terms and Conditions of Membership
1. Participation in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme
2. Collecting EMP Bonus Points
3. EMP Bonus Points account
4. Redeeming EMP Bonus Points
5. Cancellation of EMP Bonus Points
7. Data Protection
- EMP Bonus Points are automatically credited to the customer’s account with each purchase made with EMP HGmbH. In order to be credited with points, the customer is merely required to provide full details of their address. Participation in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme, as well as the redemption of the points is, of course, voluntary and free of charge.
- EMP Bonus Points will be credited to the customer’s account four weeks after the purchase of goods (whereby the purchase equates to the date of invoice). The points may be redeemed after this time. EMP Bonus Points can also be acquired through special promotional offers, where applicable. One point is worth £0.01 pence, and participants in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme receive either three, five or seven Bonus Points for every Pound spent (including VAT), depending on the Bonus-level reached .The Bonus-levels comprise of Level A, Level B and Level C, and are calculated as follows:
- Starting from the first Pound spent by the customer at EMP, every Pound is worth three points. This constitutes Bonus Level A.
- Customers spending more than £150 in total (on all orders combined, as of 01.07.2006) qualify for Level B. Every Pound thereafter (!) is worth 5 points.
- Customers spending more than £400 in total qualify for Level C and receive 7 points for every Pound spent on all subsequent (!) orders.
- Registered customers can request their points status by contacting our Customer Service department on 0844 557 9641. Alternatively, customers who have registered online can check their points status at www.emp-online.co.uk by clicking on ‘My Account’. EMP Bonus Points are not transferrable. Acquired points must be redeemed within 24 months after being credited. After this time, they will expire and be lost irrevocably. In the event that the customer’s participation in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme is terminated or suspended by either the customer or EMP in compliance with Section 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all points on the account will also be irrevocably lost.
- Customers participating in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme can only redeem their points for awards (a particular product) if they have accrued the required number of points for that award (a particular product). This applies to all available awards (products) in the EMP range. Points may not be used as part-payment of a product. Points may not be exchanged for cash either, nor is it possible to purchase points with cash. In all other respects, the redemption of EMP Bonus Points is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of EMP Mail Order UK Ltd. As with all other orders, shipping costs also apply accordingly and cannot be paid for with Bonus Points.
- Should the customer cancel all or part of a purchase (e.g. by returning goods), points which have been credited to the customer’s account will be deducted to the value of the returned goods. The same procedure also applies to mistakenly credited points or in the case of improper use.
- Participants have the right to cancel their participation in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme at any time, and without notice or specific reason. EMP Mail Order UK Ltd is permitted to cancel a customer’s participation in the Points Scheme by serving 3 months’ notice to the end of a month. EMP Mail Order UK Ltd also reserves the right to exclude individuals from participating on the grounds of cause, such as improper use of the Bonus Points Scheme. EMP Mail Order UK Ltd reserves the right to amend or suspend/cancel the EMP Bonus Points Scheme after an appropriate period of notice. EMP Mail Order UK Ltd furthermore reserves the right to amend or extend its General Terms and Conditions of Membership.
- EMP Mail Order UK Ltd has the right , where required, to collect, process and utilise customers’ personal data relating to participation in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme in order to establish, amend or implement the contractual relationship with the customer, including its definition as regards content. For these purposes, personal data may also be passed on to EMP’s partner companies and EMP brands (within the EMP group*) in the event that the customer uses their services when collecting or redeeming points in the EMP Bonus Points Scheme . (*EMP Mail-Order UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMP merchandising HGmbH, Darmer Esch 70 a 49811 Lingen, Germany.)
There is no minimum order value!!!
Usually we send out your order within 7 days after receipt of your order. If you request a specific date to process your order, we'll wait until that day so it does not arrive too early.
In addition to details about the item on offer, you will also receive information on when it is available. Please remember, however, that this information is not a binding or guaranteed shipping date, but simply a guideline indicating the anticipated date.
All items which are not available on the date of shipping will have to be re-ordered, there will be no subsequent deliveries.
Terms and Conditions
We will check as to how far we are able to process your order. Only then will we decide if we can accept your order. Usually this is done by us sending out the order. If you have supplied us with an email address you will receive an email response from us showing we have received your order. By acknowledging your order or dispatching your parcel, our part of the contract will have been fullfiled.
Your contract fulfillment partner and call centre in the UK is as follows:
if you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact:
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Office 2-3, Chene Court
Managing Director: Oliver Schepers
Secretary: James Pritchard-Barrett
UK Company Reg. No: 6323645
VAT-No.: GB 913 0284 57
Our Returns Policy
You can cancel any order within 14 days without stating any reasons, either by writing to us (by letter, fax or e-mail) or – if the goods where supplied to you before the end of this time period - by simply returning the goods. The 14-day period starts upon written receipt (when you get your invoice) and not before receipt of the goods. In order to comply with the statutory cooling-off period, it is sufficient to have dispatched your cancellation or the goods within the specified period. All returns and notes of cancellation should be addressed to:
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Office 2-3, Chene Court
Consequences of Cancellation:
In the event of a valid reason to cancel, this should be agreed between either side to be valid. If you are unable to return the goods to us, or can only return them in a deteriorated condition, you will be required under certain circumstances to reimburse us for their monetary value. ‘Deteriorated condition’ refers, for example, to altered, laundered or worn textiles/clothes/shoes or similar. This does not apply if the deterioration of the goods is solely due to them having been subjected to the kind of examination that you would carry out in a shop, for example. You can also prevent having to reimburse us by avoiding the use of goods as though they were your own property and by not undertaking any other actions which could impair their value. In the event of cancellation, please ensure that you return the goods to the address above. You will be required to bear the direct postal cost of return if the value of the returned goods is less than £40.00 or possibly at a higher value of the returned goods – if you did not advise us of your intention to return. In any other case (damaged item or wrongly sent item) then return of goods is free. Any obligation on our part to refund return postage costs will be completed within 30 days. This period starts for you with your cancellation, for us with the receipt of it.
This cooling-off period does not apply to audio or video recordings (e.g. CDs, LPs, DVDs, videos, audio cassettes, etc.) or software if you have already unsealed the packaging. There is also no cooling-off period for magazines, contact Lenses and associated accessories if the antibacterial packaging is opened. Furthermore there is no cooling-off period for goods which have been manufactured according to customer specifications.
You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing and printing the Returns Form.
Please make sure that you receive an undamaged package (if necessary open the package in the presence of the postman). Do not in any case accept a damaged delivery (e.g. an opened box or similar) since by doing this you implicitly confirm the reception of damaged items.
The safety software we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypts all personal information (like name, address, credit card number) you enter in our website. This information is not accessible to any third-parties whilst you are connected to our server with the SSL protocol. SSL encrypts all information that you pass to us over the internet using a unique key that only we can access.
Public Key: RSA 1024 Bit
User data encryption: RC4 128 Bit
The following information is encrypted:
- Personal information (name, address, Telephone-No. etc.)
- Login Information (eMail Address and password)
- Payment method
- Credit-Card and Bank Account Information
- The Date you wish to wait for missing items in an order
Data Protection & Registration
Please note that under no circumstances do we pass on your email addresses or telephone numbers to other organizations. We do occasionally make our catalogue mailing list available to other carefully selected companies but only if their products rock!
RECEIVE ROCKIN’ FREE CATALOGUES
Tick the box at the checkout when you are completing your order to continue receiving ours and other outrageously cool catalogues.
RECEIVE COOL ONLINE OFFERS and NEWSLETTER
Win, win, win, freebies, newsletters, band info etc.. Don’t forget to check this box when you are completing your order to keep up with what is going down.
Anonymous data is recorded and saved using solutions and technologies by econda GmbH to ensure that this website has a needs-appropriate design and an ideal structure; to this end usage profiles using synonyms are also produced from this data. This data is not however merged with data on the holder of the pseudonym. Visitors to this website can revoke the future recording and saving of this data at any time here.
Ordering at EMP is very easy. We offer a free registration service, where all necessary personal information can be saved using a username and password, so that this information can automatically be entered each time you wish to place an order. The EMP Account makes ordering easier in the following ways:
- Items in your Shopping Cart are saved, so you can come back later to order the items
- You no longer need to enter your Personal Details when placing an order
- You can access and change your Personal Details in "My EMP" or delete your customer account completely
The registration is free and you have no obligation to order.
You can delete your customer account at any time. You can do this in the "My EMP" section (once you have logged in to your account). To delete the account, simply click the link "Delete my account irrevocably now". Please note that once the account has been deleted, you must re-register if you wish to place a new order.
At EMP we treat your privacy with the utmost respect. Your personal details and the way you like to shop are private so we treat it with the utmost confidentiality. We will never pass this information on to other companies and you can rest assured that any customer information we have is kept 100% secure with us. This also applies to website function “cookies” that we have in place to enhance your shopping experience on our websites.
EMP have an overriding desire to make your online shopping efficient, quick and informative as possible so you get access only to the things that are of specific interest to you. In order to do this the website uses some “cookies” to assist the efficient shopping process . So that our site operates properly and so you see our best offers, we recommend that you enable cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are a small text file record that can be left on your computer or mobile shopping device when you visit a website. It records the things you are interested in order to try and present you things that are relevant to your interest, rather than bother you with irrelevant information and also to also help make your shopping processes more efficient. The cookie files are sent back to the originating website each time you subsequently visit or by other websites that have been enabled to recognise the cookie.
There are two general types of Cookie:
Persistent cookies stay on your computer, mobile device for a designated period of time. They are activated each time the website that created the specific cookie is visited.
Session cookies are temporary codes that enable website administrators to draw conclusions from actions of a user whilst browsing or shopping on a site. These “Session” cookies are then deleted when the browser is closed.
Details of the few Cookies used by EMP UK
SHOP6PHPSESSID . This cookie, identifies you each time you come to the site and assists with populating forms with relevant information so the site can work for you. Without it the user can't login, fill his shopping cart or wish list and therefore can't order.
emos_jcsid. This cookie collects data about the behaviour of the user whilst they are browsing or shopping on the site. It is used so that we can tailor-make the experience and offer products that are likely to be of interest.
dtdb98. This cookie has the same functionality as the SHOP6PHPSESSID session cookie only it holds the shopping preferences data until the end of the year. Without this we will not be able tailor make the site for you.
emos_jcvid This cookie tracks your shopping preferences and how you use the site. It is valid for three years and allows EMP to offer products tailor made to your preferences. Without this we will not be able tailor make the site for you.
These are Facebook cookies - used if you use the EMP Facebook page. They collect the number of likes and counts the data of our Facebook page. Without them EMP is unable to count how many Facebook “likes” they have and it would restrict the functionality of Facebook. These codes last 1 month.
This is a cookie used by Google if you have a Google+ EMP account. It collects data about google+-“likes” and visited pages. This lasts for 2 years.
EMP email Newsletter
We offer a subscription for a free, weekly EMP email Newsletter. After registration, you will receive an Email confirmation. In order to complete the registration process, you must click on the activation link. You will then receive a regular email from EMP (normally Fridays) with the latest releases, information and special offers.
By clicking "Subscribe now" you agree that EMP Mail Order UK Ltd., Chene Court, Poundwell Street, Modbury, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0QJ and its parent company and subsidiaries may use your eMail address for marketing purposes. This includes the sending of information by email to your registered email address (i.e. the EMP newsletter)
Your email address will be permanently stored and will not be passed onto third parties!
If you no longer wish to receive information by email, you may cancel your subscription by clicking on the link at the end of the newsletter. This will then remove your email address from the mailing list and you will no longer receive the newsletter.
We use retargeting technology from a third party supplier: Criteo GmbH (www.criteo.com) for our online shop. This makes it possible to provide Internet users who are already interested in our shop and the products in it with targeted advertising. Studies show that advertising with personalised product recommendations is more interesting to customers than ads with little or no personal connection. In addition, the advertisements for products that are probably of interest to you make it easier to go back directly to the advertised products. Because people are frequently interrupted in their online shopping and later have difficulty finding the products they had picked out before. Personalised banners, however, lead you back directly to the products easily.
If you do not wish to use this function during your visit to our site, you can opt out here.
- Closing Dates for Special Offers are shown on the Webshop.
- Special Offers are short-term offers with absolutely no Stock Guarantee. The offer is valid as long as stock lasts.
- For customers from outside the European Union: Valid Legal Jurisdiction is that of our registered business address.
- If you are an underage customer (a "minor"), we will need the signature of one of your parents or a guardian.
- Please don’t send us any cash with your orders (we cannot accept any responsibility for post we don’t receive!)
- As the supplier, we are allowed to send you partial deliveries, and you, as the purchaser, are required to accept this type of delivery.
- In your own interest, please ensure that the package you receive from the postal service is intact. Never accept a defective consignment (e.g. a torn package) from the parcel delivery service.
- Despite careful stocking, items offered may sell out more quickly than anticipated. We work on the basis that we will deliver the articles you order as long as stocks last. This is especially true for special offers/limited offers. For prize draws/competitions, the judge’s decision is final!
- We warrant that goods supplied by us are free of manufacturing or material defects. In accordance with the law, you are entitled to issue a justified complaint known as a "notice of defect" for goods supplied by us. We are not liable for the suitability of the goods for a specific use intended by the purchaser.
- If you reside within the European Union your local consumer rights laws may be applicable.
- All deliveries are subject to these terms of delivery.
- If not stated, all textiles consist of 100% Cotton.
- In accordance with Legal ruling, you are entitled to reclaiming on faulty goods for up to 2 years. We are not liable for the suitability of our products for a certain purpose. We recommend that you check all items for faults upon receipt of a delivery.
- You are entitled to all legal rights in case our goods have flaws (2 years warranty claim). We do not grant further guarantees. Obvious flaws of goods are to be reported to us immediately after reception in written form. If not reported all other warranties on our behalf referring to this expire. We recommend you check all goods immediately after you receive your parcel.
- Special offers are only valid while supplies last.
- All prices are in British Pounds (GBP) including the local VAT. The price at the time of ordering is the valid price for online orders. Errors and omissions excepted. Only when ordering from the magazine: We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- If you claim that your order is exempt from VAT then we require you to contact customer services to register you on the system before we can process any valid VAT refund for an order.
- The delivered goods remain our property until fully paid for.
- The information on this website is protected by copyright. Reprints, even extracts must be authorized by the publisher.
- ll deliveries are subject exclusively to the above-mentioned Delivery Terms in the version valid at the time the order is placed.
The author (EMP) explicitly accounts that all websites which are linked to were free from illegal content at the time the linking occured. Furthermore the author accounts that he has no influence on the current and future configuration of the websites linked to or connected. A consistent check of the sites linked to or connected is not possible as long as there are no concrete indications of encroachment. As soon as we become aware of any illegal content, we will immediately delete the links concerned. This applies for all links and references set within our own internet-offer as well as for all entries made by third parties in our guest-book section, chat, forums and mailing lists. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented therein, only the author of the respective pages may be held liable, not the person who has linked the pages.
UK Office Details
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Call Centre Service:
UK based EMP Customer service team is on 01548 831620 Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5.30pm.
To order; please place on online or call 01548 831620 between 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday when we can take your order over the phone.
Commercial Register Number:
GB 913 0284 57
All content © by EMP Mail order UK Ltd. 1998-2013
None other than the EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates shall be eligible to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the materials contained in this website. The use or misuse of these materials except as expressly authorised is prohibited. EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.