Terms of Delivery EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Prices, Terms Of Shipping & Handling
All prices in our magazine and in the web shop are displayed in £ GBP and include VAT (value-added tax, at present 20%). In addition we charge the costs for shipping & handling which amount to £4.99. Please note that all items are stored and dispatched from our Warehouse based in Germany, due to the distances involved please allow 3-5 working days from date of dispatch for delivery. All order placed through www.emp-online.co.uk can only be delivered to an address in the United Kingdom.
Payment methods we accept:
Currently we accept payment by the following Credit/Debit Card:
Euro / Mastercard VISA
Please indicate your credit card number as well as the date of expiry of your credit card on the order form. Apart from your purchase the only further costs will be shipping & handling. We will charge your credit card account when your order is ready for shipping in our warehouse.
"PayPal" is the new, easy and safe way to pay at EMP. In addition, payments are received very quickly so that orders can be processed faster.
To able to use this payment service, you will first need to register with "PayPal". Registration is free of charge.
You'll find all the information you need about "PayPal", the new method of payment, here!
We reserve the right to exclude individual customers or orders from certain payment methods. In that case all other payment methods are of course still available.
There is no minimum order value!!!
Usually we send out your order within 7 days after receipt of your order. If you request a specific date to process your order, we'll wait until that day so it does not arrive too early.
In addition to details about the item on offer, you will also receive information on when it is available. Please remember, however, that this information is not a binding or guaranteed shipping date, but simply a guideline indicating the anticipated date.
All items which are not available on the date of shipping will have to be re-ordered, there will be no subsequent deliveries.
Terms and Conditions
We will check as to how far we are able to process your order. Only then will we decide if we can accept your order. Usually this is done by us sending out the order. If you have supplied us with an email address you will receive an email response from us showing we have received your order. By acknowledging your order or dispatching your parcel, our part of the contract will have been fullfiled.
Your contract fulfillment partner and call centre in the UK is as follows:
if you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact:
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Office 2-3, Chene Court
Managing Director: Oliver Schepers
Secretary: James Pritchard-Barrett
UK Company Reg. No: 6323645
VAT-No.: GB 913 0284 57
Our Returns Policy
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (EMP Mail Order UK Ltd., Office 2-3, Chene Court, Poundwell Street, Modbury Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0QJ, Telephone: 01548 831620, Fax Number: 0844 557 9642, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Our voluntary money-back guarantee
Without restricting the Right of Withdrawal as stipulated by law, we offer a voluntary 30-days money-back guarantee for items subject to the right of withdrawal as stipulated by law. We shall apply this right of withdrawal to your case as far as the conditions of our voluntary money-back guarantee are in your favour. The same provisions as for the right of withdrawal stipulated by law apply to our voluntary money back guarantee (see statement for right of withdrawal above) with the exception of the extended return period.
Your right to cancel will not be agreed in the following situations:
- on returns of sealed audio- or video (e.g. CDs, LPs, DVDs) or software (e.g. games), if you have already unsealed the packaging;
- on a sale of tickets for events of any kind (e.g. concerts and festivals). These are non- refundable.
- on an order for personalized items, or products that have been manufactured according to your specifications.
- on sealed goods, which are not applicable for a return for reasons of health and safety or hygiene, in the situation where the sealing has been removed (e.g. piercings, contact lenses)
Model withdrawal form
You can use the following form for your order cancellation or write your own letter to cancel, or, as specified in the terms, you can return the goods without comment within the return period.
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Office 2-3, Chene Court
Fax: 0844 5579642
I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*)/for the provision of the following service (*)
Ordered on (*)/received on (*) _____________________________
Name of consumer(s) _____________________________
Address of consumer(s) _____________________________
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
(*) Delete as appropriate.
You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing and printing the Returns Form.
Please make sure that you receive an undamaged package (if necessary open the package in the presence of the postman). Do not in any case accept a damaged delivery (e.g. an opened box or similar) since by doing this you implicitly confirm the reception of damaged items.
The conditions for participation are valid for the membership in the "Backstage Club" ("Membership" and "member" will refer to the "Backstage Club" hereafter). Furthermore, our General Terms and Conditions (http://www.emp.co.uk/AGB/ter_/) apply in as far as no deviating regulation is contained in these conditions for participation. Your country's contract partner mentioned in the General Terms and Conditions is also the contract partner for your membership in the "Backstage Club".
2. Conclusion of contract and membership
2.1. Membership is only for valid customers from the United Kingdom.
2.2. The membership is directly linked to a user account in the webshop. In order to become a member, you will need to have or open a user account. A membership cannot be transferred to another account.
2.3. You can order your membership by ordering the "Backstage Club" as an item from our webshop. We will send you a confirmation or receipt via e-mail. However, this does not confirm the acceptance of your membership. Your membership only becomes valid if you receive an e-mail showing your membership order (and other items you possibly have ordered). The contractual text will be saved by us.
2.4. According to the statutory right of withdrawal, you may cancel your membership within 14 days without stating any reasons.
You will find the right of withdrawal here.
2.5. Right after your purchase of the item, the Backstage Club will be unlocked for you.
A few days after your order, you will get your Backstage Club card separately delivered to the submitted invoice address. You will not be able to enjoy the advantages at our cooperation partners before you have received your card.
3. Advantages for members
As a member of the Backstage Club, you will be able to enjoy the following advantages:
3.1. Advantages which are an inherent part of the Backstage Club:
- No delivery costs, freebies: You will not have to pay any delivery costs for your online orders (without minimum purchase value). Attention: All other fees such as fees for cash on delivery or fees arising from age verification for items unavailable for minors still apply. As a member of the Backstage Club you will receive a free item of your choice when your order exceeds a specific value. Depending on the campaign, we reserve the right to add an item of our choice. The order value limits may vary from campaign to campaign.
- As a member of the Backstage Club, you will get your Backstage Club card delivered separately a few days after your order. This card is a type of customer card with your name and customer number on it. You can use this card in order to identify as a member and to receive various advantages at our cooperation partners. As the card is produced by an external provider and individualized with your name and customer number, you will receive it a few days after your order.
- 100 days right of return: As a member and independent of the statutory 14 days right of return, you have the possibility to return your items within up to 100 days after delivery and get your full purchase price back. If you print out and use the return form which you will find in your customer account, we will bear the costs for your return delivery. In order to be able to make use of the 100 days right of return, it is required that you have only used the items to see if they fit (as you would have done in a regular store) and that you send them back in their original condition, undamaged and in their original packaging. The 100 days right of return does not apply for items produced according to customer request (f.ex. a printed t-shirt) or for music, movies and software if the seal has been removed from the LP/CD/DVD/Blu-Ray.
3.2. Changing advantages for members:
- Exclusive discounts of the Backstage Club: The Backstage Club offers items such as clothing, media or tickets which are exclusively price-reduced for members. The degree and availability of the price reduction depends on the individidual campaign. These offers are time-limited respectively.
In order to see the prices, the customer must be logged in and a Backstage Club member.
With services provided by third parties (f. ex. events), a separate contract with the respective company will be concluded. We do not take responsibility for the proper provision of the services. Backstage area: In your customer account, you will have access to the Backstage area. Here you will see competitions, options to participate in events and similar campaigns available exclusively for members. You will need to register separately for the respective participation. In some cases, additional requirements apply for the individual offer. These offers are time-limited respectively. Furthermore, exclusive content is available.
4. Duration and termination
4.1. The membership is valid for one year. Your membership will be extended by another year if you do not terminate it yourself via your EMP customer account. Your membership will be extended automatically after the membership year is over if you have chosen the option for automatic renewal in "My account" and if you do not terminate your membership in "My account" one month prior the expiration of your current membership year. In case of an extension, EMP will withdraw the membership fee due via the payment method you have submitted. If this payment method becomes invalid during your membership or if withdrawal is not possible due to other reasons, the payment method will automatically be changed to another one you have submitted in your account. If payment is not possible via any of the submitted methods, your membership will be deactivated.
4.2. We reserve the right to terminate your membership with a three month notice period in case the offer "Backstage Club" becomes invalid. You may terminate your membership without notice if we restrict the advantages for members, which are an integral part of the "Backstage Club" (3.1), to a considerable extent. If this leads to an end of your membership before the current membership year is over, you will receive a proportionate part of your membership fee (4).
4.3. Furthermore, both sides have the right to dismissal without notice if a valid reason exists. A valid reason on our part is if you delete your customer account or are in serious violation of the contract. In this case, reimbursement is excluded.
5. Change of conditions for participation
We reserve the right to alter the conditions for participation. In this case, we will inform you about the changes in good time. You have the possibility to object to the changes within one month. If you do not object, the changes conditions for participation will be deemed valid after one month. We will inform you about your right of objection and the consequences of the expiration of the notice period when the changes are made public.
6. Final provisions
The conditions for participation are subject to German law. If you as a customer do not reside within the European Union, EMPs place of business shall be the place of jurisdiction. In all other cases, your place of residence shall be the place of jurisdiction, but you may also assert your claims at our place of business.
The safety software we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypts all personal information (like name, address, credit card number) you enter in our website. This information is not accessible to any third-parties whilst you are connected to our server with the SSL protocol. SSL encrypts all information that you pass to us over the internet using a unique key that only we can access.
SSL protocol: SSL 3.0
Public Key: SHA1 + RSA 2048 bit
User data encryption: DHE RSA – AES 256 bit
The following information is encrypted:
- Personal information (name, address, Telephone-No. etc.)
- Login Information (eMail Address and password)
- Payment method
- Credit-Card and Bank Account Information
- The Date you wish to wait for missing items in an order
Backstage Club Terms and Conditions
Conditions of participation: EMP “Backstage Club”
1. General Conditions of Participation
The conditions of participation apply to membership of the “Backstage Club”. (All reference hereafter regarding the terms of “membership” and/or “member” refers to the “Backstage Club”). Our general terms and conditions (T&C’s) http://www.emp-online.co.uk/AGB/ter_/ shall also apply, unless otherwise stated in these conditions. The contractual partner named for your country in the T&C’s is also the contractual partner for your membership of the “Backstage Club”.
2. Terms of the agreement and membership
2.1. Membership is only available to customers from Germany, United Kingdom and Luxembourg.
2.2. Membership is directly linked to a user account on our web shop. You must have a user account, or must open one, in order to be a member. Membership is not transferable to any other account.
2.3. You apply for membership by ordering “Backstage Club” as an article from our online shop. As for every order, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This does not yet mean that the order has been accepted. Your membership does not become valid until we send you an e-mail confirming that your application has gone through (and confirming any other items that you might have ordered). We will hold a copy of the agreement on file.
2.4. You can exercise your legal right to cancel your membership within fourteen days.
Notice of cancellation
Right to cancel
You can cancel your contractual obligation in writing (e.g. by letter, fax or e-mail) without giving a reason within fourteen days. This period begins from the time you receive a written version of this notification, but not before conclusion of the agreement and likewise not before the fulfilment of our obligations to exchange information under the terms of article 246, sect. 2 in conjunction with article 1, sect. 1 and 2 of EGBGB and our obligations under the terms of article 312e, sect. 1, subsection 1 BGB in conjunction with article 246, sect. 3 EGBGB. Notice of cancellation should be sent to:
Germany / Luxembourg: EMP – Returns Service, Darmer Esch 73, D 49811 Lingen (Germany), Fax: +49 (0)591-914320, e-mail: email@example.com
Austria: EMP Returns Service, Postamt Linz Postfach 90, A 4005 Linz (Austria), Fax: +49 (0)591-914320, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Result of cancellation
In the event of cancellation coming into effect, all items received by either party or any benefits obtained (e.g. interest) are to be returned. If you are unable to return the items supplied, in whole or in part, or unable to return them in their original state, you undertake to make up the difference in value accordingly. Outstanding payment obligations must be met within thirty days. Your deadline obligation begins with the despatch of your notice of cancellation. Our obligation in this respect begins with the receipt of such cancellation.
End of notice of cancellation
3. Benefits of membership
You enjoy the following benefits of membership, which come into effect as applicable, when you enter your corresponding customer account code, which you will receive from us along with your welcoming gift (key ring).
3.1. The basic membership benefits of the “Backstage Club” are as follows:
- No shipping costs, articles free of charge: You do not pay shipping costs for your online orders (not subject to minimum order value). IMPORTANT: Other costs, such as COD charges or age-verification fees for “over 18” articles, are still payable. If the value of your order exceeds a certain level, you will receive a free gift at our discretion.
- Welcoming gift: At the start of your membership, you will receive a welcoming gift, despatched separately or along with any other articles that you might have ordered when applying for membership. The welcoming gift includes, along with other items, a “Backstage Pass” with key ring.
- 100 days’ right to return: In addition to your statutory right to cancel your membership within fourteen days, you are entitled to return any article to us within up to 100 days and claim a full refund of the purchase price. If you use the corresponding return label, which you can display and print out via your user account, we will also meet the costs of returning the article concerned.
Articles returned under the 100-day rule must, however, have been briefly tried on only, as in a physical shop changing-room, and must be in an absolutely new and complete condition and in their original state of repair, undamaged and in their original sales packaging.
The 100-day return rule does not apply,
- if the article has been customised for you in any way (e.g. printed T-shirts, etc.),
- the article consists of music, film entertainment and/or software on vinyl disc/CD/DVD/Blu-Ray, and you have broken the seal.
3.2. Variable benefits of membership:
- Exclusive offers in our online shop: Our online shop stocks articles, such as our own-brand textiles, which are initially only visible to members, along with other special offers such as VIP tickets for festivals. These offers are always time-limited. In the case of items and services supplied by third parties (e.g. events), your contractual agreement is with the company concerned. We shall not be liable for the correct provision of the item or service concerned.
- Backstage Zone: Your customer account gives you access to the Backstage Zone. This includes prize competitions, the chance to take part in events and other promotions exclusive to our members. You will need to apply specifically to take part. Certain individual offers may be subject to additional terms and conditions. These offers are always time-limited. Access to exclusive content is also offered.
4. Duration and termination
4.1. Membership, which is valid for one year, terminates automatically. We will notify you in good time of the expiry date of your membership, so that you can extend it accordingly.
4.2. We shall be entitled to terminate your membership, subject to three months’ notice, if the “Backstage Club” promotion is cancelled. You can terminate your membership without giving notice, if we alter, to a not inconsiderable extent, the membership benefits of the “Backstage Club” (see clause 3.1.). If your membership is terminated on these grounds before its current expiry date, you will be refunded a proportional part of your annual subscription (clause 4).
4.3. Both parties shall furthermore be entitled to terminate without notice if they have good reason for doing so. Important grounds on our part shall include, without being limited to, cancellation by you, of your customer account or grave infringement by you of our contractual agreement. The right to refund shall be cancelled in these circumstances.
5. Amendments to the conditions of participation
We shall be entitled to amend these conditions of participation. We shall inform you in good time of any changes that we intend to make in this respect. You can then contest the amendments within one month. If you do not contest them, the amended terms and conditions shall come into force after one month. Whenever notice of amendment is issued, we shall also remind you of your right to object and of the consequences of the objection deadline expiring.
6. Final considerations
These conditions of participation are subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. If your residence as a private end-user is outside the European Union, legal jurisdiction shall correspond to the courts and tribunals of our registered place of business. Legal jurisdiction shall otherwise correspond to the courts and tribunals of your place of residence, without this affecting your entitlement to bring claims at our registered place of business.
Mad May - Facebook Comment Event
Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event
1) By participating in the competition "Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event", the participant agrees with these terms & conditions.
2) The competition is open only to persons who have reached age of 18 and over and is registered on Facebook.
3) EMP Merchandising HGmbH may user name and the content of the comment on "Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event" use for themselves and their advertising purposes. The user assigns all rights to the publication of his contributions in connection with the Sweepstakes at the EMP Merchandising HGmbH.
4) "Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event" will be released on May 1st, 2014 at 12:00 CET clock and can be commented on for the next 31 days, until 31 May 23:59 CET clock. It is clear as "Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event" and are declared at the same time the rules of the game. These are:
Every Facebook users, the "Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event" comments, has the chance to win €10,000. A comment under the "Mad May - The € 10,000 Facebook Comment Event" will be drawn at random and declared as winner.
“Mad May - The €10,000 Facebook Comment Event "is organized exclusively by EMP promotion and has no connection with Facebook and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or organized by Facebook.
5) For the above raffle the EMP Merchandising HGmbH used the official EMP Facebook page www.facebook.com/emp.online
6) The contest will take place until and including 31st May 2014 from 01st May 2014.
7) Legal recourse is excluded.
EMP Roadtrips, Events and Travel Prizes Terms
Travelling Abroad: All EMP Roadtrip attendees, prize winners and any travelling companions must have and maintain valid passports endorsed with all relevant visas and with expiry dates no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the applicable country or countries. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to road trip attendees, prize winners and/or their travelling companions. We shall not be responsible for ensuring your ability to travel to the destination nor for any additional costs incurred should you be refused entry.
Unless otherwise stated, each competition is open to UK residents only aged 18 years or above.
INSURANCE AND OTHER EXPENSES
Unless otherwise stated, insurance is not provided as part of any EMP Roadtrip or holiday prize. It will be each EMP Roadtrip attendee, prize winner’s and (if applicable) their travelling companion's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
All insurance, spending money and other expenses, unless otherwise stated, are costs for the roadtrip attendees, prize winners and their travelling companion and are not provided as part of any holiday prize.
Unless stated otherwise, competition prizes consist of tickets to the event and travel only. If the event consists of camping it will be the Roadtrip attendees, prize winners and any travelling companions to ensure they have sufficient camping equipment, food and spending money.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
It may be necessary to cancel your EMP Roadtrip due to illness, accident or change of circumstances. If you have taken out insurance, payments arising from the cancellation will be covered in most cases. As soon as you know that you need to cancel, please contact us on email@example.com.
Cancellation charges are calculated from the date we receive your instructions by email, please see below:
- Time of booking to 28 days before the start of the Event: Full Refund
- Less than 28 days before the start of the Event: 100% Cancellation charge
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
All EMP Roadtrip attendees, prize winners and their travelling companions must comply with the terms and limitations of airlines, other transport providers, and the venues involved in the provision of any roadtrip event/holiday prize, including any insurance policy relating to the holiday. In particular, entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. We will not be held responsible if your behaviour or actions results in your arrest or being removed from the EMP Roadtrip/Event at any point including flights, coach and ferry journeys or removal from the event itself by their security. Refunds will not be given.
We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prize winner or their travelling companion (if applicable) should any prize winner or their travelling companion (if applicable) not redeem a holiday prize as a result of any Government travel warning or advisory applicable to the destination country and/or countries or for any other failure on their part to travel. In particular, we shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where a prize winner and/or their travelling companion (if applicable) fail to redeem a holiday prize for any reason
If your conduct, or that of anyone in your party is reasonably considered detrimental to the smooth running of an EMP Roadtrip, we reserve the right to remove you and/or the rest of your party from the trip without reason and without a refund.
All EMP Roadtrip attendees, prize winners and their travelling companions take responsibility for their own time keeping and ensuring they arrive with plenty of time for pre-scheduled pickup/departure times. We will not be liable or held responsible for any additional costs incurred if you miss a method of transport if you are not there on the scheduled departure time.
We do not accept liability for any loss or damage to yourself and/or personal items that you bring with you whilst attending an EMP Roadtrip, Event or Holiday Prize. (Please see Insurance section for more details)
There is a STRICTLY NO SMOKING POLICY on any of the transportation included with the EMP Roadtrip or competition prizes, this includes the use of electronic cigarrettes. Please note that smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is only permitted on Ferries in the designated outside decks.
WE OPERATE A ZERO TOLERANCE DRUG POLICY on all our EMP Roadtrips. Anyone found to be in possession of any suspected illegal or controlled substance will be removed from the EMP Roadtrip, will risk arrest and prosecution and will be banned from attending any future events.
We shall not be liable for failure to perform our obligations hereunder due to events beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, third party administrations, traffic issues, bad weather and acts of government or acts in compliance with any applicable law, regulation or order (whether valid or invalid) of any governmental body.
Alterations such as the withdrawal of certain amenities, facilities, activities venue and entertainment, may be made by the Event Organiser for reasons beyond our control without any obligation or liability. The advertised line-up is correct at time of going to press and may be subject to change. Your pass is to the Event is not dependent or conditional on any particular band(s).
No part of these Terms and Conditions affects your rights as a consumer. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to your rights as a consumer.
PUBLICITY AND USE OF IMAGES
We reserve the right to take photographs or films of any EMP Roadtrip/Event and to use the same in a responsible way in our promotional literature and on our website and social media sites. We may also reproduce any comments that we receive from you in such literature and on our website unless you do not consent to such use. You will be expected to provide a consent form in respect of the use of your image prior to the trip commencing and if you do not agree to the use of your image for the above purposes then we must be informed prior to the trip commencing.
Data Protection & Registration
Please note that under no circumstances do we pass on your email addresses or telephone numbers to other organizations. We do occasionally make our catalogue mailing list available to other carefully selected companies but only if their products rock!
RECEIVE ROCKIN’ FREE CATALOGUES
Tick the box at the checkout when you are completing your order to continue receiving ours and other outrageously cool catalogues.
RECEIVE COOL ONLINE OFFERS and NEWSLETTER
Win, win, win, freebies, newsletters, band info etc.. Don’t forget to check this box when you are completing your order to keep up with what is going down.
Anonymous data is recorded and saved using solutions and technologies by econda GmbH to ensure that this website has a needs-appropriate design and an ideal structure; to this end usage profiles using synonyms are also produced from this data. This data is not however merged with data on the holder of the pseudonym. Visitors to this website can revoke the future recording and saving of this data at any time here.
Ordering at EMP is very easy. We offer a free registration service, where all necessary personal information can be saved using a username and password, so that this information can automatically be entered each time you wish to place an order. The EMP Account makes ordering easier in the following ways:
- Items in your Shopping Cart are saved, so you can come back later to order the items
- You no longer need to enter your Personal Details when placing an order
- You can access and change your Personal Details in "My EMP" or delete your customer account completely
The registration is free and you have no obligation to order.
You can delete your customer account at any time. You can do this in the "My EMP" section (once you have logged in to your account). To delete the account, simply click the link "Delete my account irrevocably now". Please note that once the account has been deleted, you must re-register if you wish to place a new order.
At EMP we treat your privacy with the utmost respect. Your personal details and the way you like to shop are private so we treat it with the utmost confidentiality. We will never pass this information on to other companies and you can rest assured that any customer information we have is kept 100% secure with us. This also applies to website function “cookies” that we have in place to enhance your shopping experience on our websites.
EMP have an overriding desire to make your online shopping efficient, quick and informative as possible so you get access only to the things that are of specific interest to you. In order to do this the website uses some “cookies” to assist the efficient shopping process . So that our site operates properly and so you see our best offers, we recommend that you enable cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are a small text file record that can be left on your computer or mobile shopping device when you visit a website. It records the things you are interested in order to try and present you things that are relevant to your interest, rather than bother you with irrelevant information and also to also help make your shopping processes more efficient. The cookie files are sent back to the originating website each time you subsequently visit or by other websites that have been enabled to recognise the cookie.
There are two general types of Cookie:
Persistent cookies stay on your computer, mobile device for a designated period of time. They are activated each time the website that created the specific cookie is visited.
Session cookies are temporary codes that enable website administrators to draw conclusions from actions of a user whilst browsing or shopping on a site. These “Session” cookies are then deleted when the browser is closed.
Details of the few Cookies used by EMP UK
SHOP6PHPSESSID . This cookie, identifies you each time you come to the site and assists with populating forms with relevant information so the site can work for you. Without it the user can't login, fill his shopping cart or wish list and therefore can't order.
emos_jcsid. This cookie collects data about the behaviour of the user whilst they are browsing or shopping on the site. It is used so that we can tailor-make the experience and offer products that are likely to be of interest.
dtdb98. This cookie has the same functionality as the SHOP6PHPSESSID session cookie only it holds the shopping preferences data until the end of the year. Without this we will not be able tailor make the site for you.
emos_jcvid This cookie tracks your shopping preferences and how you use the site. It is valid for three years and allows EMP to offer products tailor made to your preferences. Without this we will not be able tailor make the site for you.
These are Facebook cookies - used if you use the EMP Facebook page. They collect the number of likes and counts the data of our Facebook page. Without them EMP is unable to count how many Facebook “likes” they have and it would restrict the functionality of Facebook. These codes last 1 month.
This is a cookie used by Google if you have a Google+ EMP account. It collects data about google+-“likes” and visited pages. This lasts for 2 years.
EMP email Newsletter
We offer a subscription for a free, weekly EMP email Newsletter. After registration, you will receive an Email confirmation. In order to complete the registration process, you must click on the activation link. You will then receive a regular email from EMP (normally Fridays) with the latest releases, information and special offers.
By clicking "Subscribe now" you agree that EMP Mail Order UK Ltd., Chene Court, Poundwell Street, Modbury, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0QJ and its parent company and subsidiaries may use your eMail address for marketing purposes. This includes the sending of information by email to your registered email address (i.e. the EMP newsletter)
Your email address will be permanently stored and will not be passed onto third parties!
If you no longer wish to receive information by email, you may cancel your subscription by clicking on the link at the end of the newsletter. This will then remove your email address from the mailing list and you will no longer receive the newsletter.
We use retargeting technology from a third party supplier: Criteo GmbH (www.criteo.com) for our online shop. This makes it possible to provide Internet users who are already interested in our shop and the products in it with targeted advertising. Studies show that advertising with personalised product recommendations is more interesting to customers than ads with little or no personal connection. In addition, the advertisements for products that are probably of interest to you make it easier to go back directly to the advertised products. Because people are frequently interrupted in their online shopping and later have difficulty finding the products they had picked out before. Personalised banners, however, lead you back directly to the products easily.
If you do not wish to use this function during your visit to our site, you can opt out here.
- Closing Dates for Special Offers are shown on the Webshop.
- Special Offers are short-term offers with absolutely no Stock Guarantee. The offer is valid as long as stock lasts.
- For customers from outside the European Union: Valid Legal Jurisdiction is that of our registered business address.
- If you are an underage customer (a "minor"), we will need the signature of one of your parents or a guardian.
- Please don’t send us any cash with your orders (we cannot accept any responsibility for post we don’t receive!)
- As the supplier, we are allowed to send you partial deliveries, and you, as the purchaser, are required to accept this type of delivery.
- In your own interest, please ensure that the package you receive from the postal service is intact. Never accept a defective consignment (e.g. a torn package) from the parcel delivery service.
- Despite careful stocking, items offered may sell out more quickly than anticipated. We work on the basis that we will deliver the articles you order as long as stocks last. This is especially true for special offers/limited offers. For prize draws/competitions, the judge’s decision is final!
- We warrant that goods supplied by us are free of manufacturing or material defects. In accordance with the law, you are entitled to issue a justified complaint known as a "notice of defect" for goods supplied by us. We are not liable for the suitability of the goods for a specific use intended by the purchaser.
- If you reside within the European Union your local consumer rights laws may be applicable.
- All deliveries are subject to these terms of delivery.
- If not stated, all textiles consist of 100% Cotton.
- In accordance with Legal ruling, you are entitled to reclaiming on faulty goods for up to 2 years. We are not liable for the suitability of our products for a certain purpose. We recommend that you check all items for faults upon receipt of a delivery.
- You are entitled to all legal rights in case our goods have flaws (2 years warranty claim). We do not grant further guarantees. Obvious flaws of goods are to be reported to us immediately after reception in written form. If not reported all other warranties on our behalf referring to this expire. We recommend you check all goods immediately after you receive your parcel.
- Special offers are only valid while supplies last.
- All prices are in British Pounds (GBP) including the local VAT. The price at the time of ordering is the valid price for online orders. Errors and omissions excepted. Only when ordering from the magazine: We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- If you claim that your order is exempt from VAT then we require you to contact customer services to register you on the system before we can process any valid VAT refund for an order.
- The delivered goods remain our property until fully paid for.
- The information on this website is protected by copyright. Reprints, even extracts must be authorized by the publisher.
- ll deliveries are subject exclusively to the above-mentioned Delivery Terms in the version valid at the time the order is placed.
The author (EMP) explicitly accounts that all websites which are linked to were free from illegal content at the time the linking occured. Furthermore the author accounts that he has no influence on the current and future configuration of the websites linked to or connected. A consistent check of the sites linked to or connected is not possible as long as there are no concrete indications of encroachment. As soon as we become aware of any illegal content, we will immediately delete the links concerned. This applies for all links and references set within our own internet-offer as well as for all entries made by third parties in our guest-book section, chat, forums and mailing lists. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented therein, only the author of the respective pages may be held liable, not the person who has linked the pages.
UK Office Details
EMP Mail Order UK Ltd.
Call Centre Service:
UK based EMP Customer service team is on 01548 831620 Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5.30pm.
To order; please place on online or call 01548 831620 between 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday when we can take your order over the phone.
Commercial Register Number:
GB 913 0284 57
All content © by EMP Mail order UK Ltd. 1998-2015
None other than the EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates shall be eligible to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the materials contained in this website. The use or misuse of these materials except as expressly authorised is prohibited. EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.